Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A love letter to my smartphone


Before leaving home, I drum my pockets: “Phone, wallet, keys. Keys, wallet…phone.” There was a time, not so long ago, when the phone wasn’t a part of this pre-departure ritual, but its clearly a central part of it now. Perhaps predictably, Clear Screen Protectors Wholesale  even as the newest part of the trio, it’s the phone that threatens to replace both of its predecessors. This is a move I’d welcome with open arms, cheap BlackBerry case cover as well as lighter pockets.
At at same time, though, consolidating cash and keys into the already overflowing responsibilities of my phone also makes me a bit nervous. What if I lose it? As I stuff more and more information into the guts of the device, it begins to become a very clear imprint of my personality, desires, and habits. Where I’ve been, who I’ve called, what I’ve bought — it won’t be long until phones start to become direct reflections of the people that use them. That’s half neat but also half scary, at least for those of us prone to losing even the most important things we own Clear Screen Protectors Wholesale .
As an experiment, I sometimes don’t bring my phone out with me, partially because sometimes we need some time apart but also because it’s a strange and vaguely exciting feeling to be out in the world without it. It’s a perverse and strange notion that this is what passes for thrill in 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment